Buen gimnasio en madrid? // Looking for a good gym in Madrid

Opiniones a cerca de Buen gimnasio en madrid? // Looking for a good gym in Madrid del foro Culturismo & Fitness España, en el apartado General; Hi everybody. I hope it's allright I'm posting this in english, since my written spanish is non existant, and I figure that a spanish forum is the best place to get the answers i need ...

Resultados 1 al 20 de 20
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ppolaino
  • 1 Post By DEW-SCENTED

Tema: Buen gimnasio en madrid? // Looking for a good gym in Madrid

Recien llegado
    Registro
    ago 2010

Buen gimnasio en madrid? // Looking for a good gym in Madrid

Hi everybody.

I hope it's allright I'm posting this in english, since my written spanish is non existant, and I figure that a spanish forum is the best place to get the answers i need :).

I'm a danish guy coming to Madrid in September for five months to take my final semester in computer science.

I'm doing alot of weight training and has in that regard searched the web for good gyms in Madrid. Unfortunatly, I'm only able to find the generic commercial gyms with bad equipment etc.

I'm looking for a gym with decent equipment: 20kg barbells, 450mm discs, heavy dumbbelss etc :).

Of course, a good and hard working atmosphere will be appreciated too!

I'm due to live at Calle de Lola Membrives.

Really hope you guys can help me out!

Kind regards,
    Simon

2. # ADS
    Forero Medio
    Registro
    mar 2009

Re: Buen gimnasio en madrid? // Looking for a good gym in Madrid

Tha Coach Avatar de Sr. Kong
    Registro
    may 2009

Hi Psymon,

I don't personally know any gym around that area, but using google.es (not dot com) I found this one in your very own street, check it out. Hope this helps, anyway there're no pics so we can't know if the gym is too much commercial or not, but the equipment you're looking for isn't that rare.

Another thing you must keep in mind are the fees, from 35 (cheap) to 60 (expensive) it's the usual, don't let them take advantage of you for being foreign.
    Última edición por Sr. Kong; 18-agosto-2010 a las 13:42
    Este es tu foro, entra como invitado y sal como amigo .

No respondo a dudas por privado, por favor cread un hilo con la duda en cuestión y avisad, si lo deseais, de su creación por privado. De esta manera todo el foro podrá lucrarse con el contenido. Gracias.

¿Estás interesado en los servicios de un entrenador personal?

Recien llegado
    Registro
    ago 2010

Hi Sr. Kong, thx for your reply.

I found the same place earlier (gym Kime) when searching the web and it seems like they're only doing martial arts and motorcycling.
    GIMNASIO KIME

And good to know the equipment isn't that rare, because it is in Denmark. All the fitness centres has been commercialized to a level, where the equipment has been downgraded as much as possible to maximize profits.
    And I hate that :)

Anyways, keep the replies coming, I'll be checking in through the day.

Registro
    sep 2008

Hi Psymon:

I'm doing my training in a really goog gym , which is called "Sideropilis" , the problem is that it'is very far from you're going to live aproximately 45 minutes , or just a little bit less , by train . You can find in this gym: olimpyc barbells ( weightlifting , powerlifting) and dumbbells until 90 kg, you can find as well strongman material .

The adress is Hermanos Gomez 60 , Madrid . Metro station " Elipa" line 2.

Sideropolis.com Gimnasio en Madrid. Gimnasio Sideropolis escuela de fuerza

Kind regards.
    POWERLIFTING, STRONGMAN, HALTEROFILIA AND THRASH, DEATH, METALCORE, DEATHCORE, HARD CORE, HEAVY, RAP METAL, NU METAL AND PURE METAL.

Entrenamientos personalizados, entrenos de fuerza (halterofilia, strongman, powerlifting) y de culturismo, contactar por mp.

Tha Coach Avatar de Sr. Kong
    Registro
    may 2009

They say "mantenimiento y musculación" wich means "conditioning and weight lifting" so I think they should have what you're looking for. Anyway till you were there you won't figure out what they do or don't have cause there're no pics.

You can use maps.google in order to try to find another gym around the area to avoid waiting for another response.

Registro
    may 2010

Hi Psymon

If you are looking for this equiment:

Cita Iniciado por Psymon Ver mensaje
    I'm looking for a gym with decent equipment: 20kg barbells, 450mm discs, heavy dumbbelss etc :).

Sideropolis is the site. I work in this gym and they have all as you ask, include plataform lift so there are not KB

Crossfit classes, maybe, will start soon, but it's not sure

Recien llegado
    Registro
    ago 2010

Hi guys.

Thanks for the replies.

The Sideropolis place sounds really good and I like the photos from it's homepage :).

According to google maps, there is only about 5km between Calle de Lola Membrives (Where I'm gonna live) and Hermanos Gomez 60 (the gym). Is it true, it will be 45mins with public transportation?

Registro
    sep 2008

Ok!!!

By car it is about 5 km in 10 or 15 minutes, even less, but by train it will be between 40 or 45 minutes or less.

Due to the place where you are going to live you only have the line 5 till VENTAS station and then the line 2 till ELIPA.

Registro
    may 2010

If you only use subway maybe could be 41 minutes, 30 on subway (line 5) and other 11 on foot (depend the number of your house)

With this web you can calculate how long that it take

Sistema de Información de Transportes de Madrid - Página de Inicio

It has English version (UK Flag) and then in "Path" first option

See you

Recien llegado
    Registro
    ago 2010

Hi guys.

Im just gonna revive this thread with some more questions :)

From the Sideropolis homepage i get the impression that the weight room is only accessible at mondays, tuesdays and thursdays. Is that correct?

Im planning on going there this weekend to check it out (if my swollen knee has healed ) Whats the price for a membership?

Kind regards from Simon :)

Registro
    may 2010

Cita Iniciado por Psymon Ver mensaje
    Hi guys.

Im just gonna revive this thread with some more questions :)

From the Sideropolis homepage i get the impression that the weight room is only accessible at mondays, tuesdays and thursdays. Is that correct?

Im planning on going there this weekend to check it out (if my swollen knee has healed ) Whats the price for a membership?

Kind regards from Simon :)
    Don't worry, it open all days.

Recien llegado Avatar de stumpy
    Registro
    feb 2011

Need to revive this thread also. Is there a decent gym in or near the Salamanca area? Gimnasio naciones is good but I need one that's open on the weekends as well. Please don't answer with "Holiday Gym", I've had enough with that place.

Tambien estoy buscando un gimnasio. Hay un gimnasio en el barrio Salamanca? Me gusta el Gimnasio Naciones pero necesito un gimnasio para los fines de semana tambien. No quiero Holiday Gym.

Many thanks / muchas gracias.
    Última edición por stumpy; 10-febrero-2011 a las 20:51

Registro
    may 2010

Hi stumpy

There is a option:

Ayuntamiento de Madrid - Centro Deportivo Municipal La Chopera

I don't Know if you must be a member or you can pay for days

P.S: This facility is into Retiro Garden
    stumpy likes this.

Registro
    sep 2008

Cita Iniciado por stumpy Ver mensaje
    Need to revive this thread also. Is there a decent gym in or near the Salamanca area? Gimnasio naciones is good but I need one that's open on the weekends as well. Please don't answer with "Holiday Gym", I've had enough with that place.

Tambien estoy buscando un gimnasio. Hay un gimnasio en el barrio Salamanca? Me gusta el Gimnasio Naciones pero necesito un gimnasio para los fines de semana tambien. No quiero Holiday Gym.

Many thanks / muchas gracias.
    Pues los fines de semana sino es el holiday gym que abre todo el dia por lo que tengo entendido pero como dices no te gusta el holiday, otro si quieres esta el Sideropolis en el metro de la elipa que esta a 10 minutos en autobus desde manuel becerra pero solo abre por las mañanas los fines de semana.

Y hay otro gym recien abierto cerca del Sideropolis que se llama Urbam Fitness que tambien abre todo el dia el sabado creo y el domingo solo por la mañana no recuerdo muy bien ya que es nuevo.

Suerte con la busqueda
    stumpy likes this.
    POWERLIFTING, STRONGMAN, HALTEROFILIA AND THRASH, DEATH, METALCORE, DEATHCORE, HARD CORE, HEAVY, RAP METAL, NU METAL AND PURE METAL.

Entrenamientos personalizados, entrenos de fuerza (halterofilia, strongman, powerlifting) y de culturismo, contactar por mp.

Registro
    sep 2008

Por cierto ya tuve una sesion de entreno con Psymon, muy buen entreno y mas todavia de strongman.

Thanks Psymon, very very training of strongman in the gym Sideropolis.

Recien llegado Avatar de stumpy
    Registro
    feb 2011

Gracias a todos (y dispculpe me espanol). Estaba socio de Holidy gym por casi un ano pero esta siempre lleno y con gente en la misma maquina por horras y manquernas en todo el suelo. De verdad Sideropolis ver muy bien por la pagina y no esta tan lejos.

Registro
    may 2010

Gracias a todos (y dispculpe me espanol). Estaba socio de Holidy gym por casi un ano pero esta siempre lleno y con gente en la misma maquina por horras y manquernas en todo el suelo. De verdad Sideropolis ver muy bien por la pagina y no esta tan lejos.
    El Siderópilos es un gran gimnasio y también tiene tonaladas de peso libre

Sideropis is a great gym also there is tons of free weight

Registro
    sep 2008

No problem.....

The SIDEROPOLIS IS VERY GOOD IN THE MACHINE FOR GYM, GREAT GYM AND TONS OF FREE WEIGHT.

Saludos

Misántropo

The cheapest gym is the Moscardó gym near to Avenida de América.
    It is always full of people and has little dumbbells. The gym was open in sundays but i don't know if it still working on sundays.

El más barato es el Moscardó al lado de Avenida de América
    Siempre está lleno de gente y tiene pocas pesas. El gimnasio abría los domingos pero no sé si lo sigue haciendo.

Sorry for my english.

SheHulk para los amigos Avatar de lydiasantos
    Registro
    may 2010

Cita Iniciado por Misántropo Ver mensaje
    The cheapest gym is the Moscardó gym near to Avenida de América.
    It is always full of people and has little dumbbells. The gym was open in sundays but i don't know if it still working on sundays.

El más barato es el Moscardó al lado de Avenida de América
    Siempre está lleno de gente y tiene pocas pesas. El gimnasio abría los domingos pero no sé si lo sigue haciendo.

Sorry for my english.
    Yes, Moscardó opens on sundays from 8:30 to 21:00. And it is full of people.

Sí, el Moscardó abre los domingos de 8:30 a 21:00. Y está lleno de gente.